Thursday, May 6, 2010

What's Your Language?

I'm sure most of you have read, or at least heard of, the book "The 5 Love Languages." It is an awesome book. My husband and I read it together many years ago.

What I want to tell you today is how I think it is so easy to forget our spouse's love language. For instance, mine is "Quality Time" which means I feel most loved when my husband spends time with me (or other people; it doesn't have to just be with your significant other). It can be anything from going on a walk, going on a date, or just talking at home with no other distractions.

My husbands love language is "Acts of Service" which means he feels most loved when I go the extra mile like doing the dishes when its his turn, making him a late-night snack, etc.

Now, every day I want to show my husband how much I love him. But even deep down I know what I need to do (acts of service), it just comes naturally for me to speak my love language. And then I get confused when I tell him I went to spend quiet time with him and he doesn't even care about it!! It's because that doesn't say "love" to him.

So, I just want to say that if you don't already know what your spouse's love language is, find out today. (It would be a fun date to get the book, take the test, then read about your languages.) Then, remember, remember, remember to show your spouse love by speaking their language. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment